Copy a Template
Copy a Template: Quick Steps
- Choose 'File|Open|Template'
- Select and open the appropriate Entity folder
- Select and open the template you want to copy
- Save the existing template as a new file using 'File|Save As'
- Give the new template an explanatory name, always beginning with the name of the Entity, e.g., Expression template.Audio
- Customize your new template
Copy a Template: Detailed Steps
If you want to create a new template based on a previous template that has aspects that you would like to copy, then you should start from that existing template instead of from a default template.
1. Choose: File|Open|Template
2. Select the appropriate template folder and click <Open> (or double-click on the folder)
3. Select the template you want to copy and click <Open> (or double-click on the filename)
4. Save the template that opens as a new file using: File|Save As …
Give the new file an explanatory name; begin with the name of the Entity and “template” (e.g., Manifestation template.LP); you could also include the name of the copied template, to group similar templates.
You can use customized templates to add constant data to records for a particular type of entity, e.g., large print data for all large print manifesations; or to a particular batch of records, e.g., manifestation records sharing the same publisher.