How to: Search for Data Outside RIMMF
You can search for data outside RIMMF from anywhere in RIMMF (while you are in a record, in a template, or at the main menu).
- Open the search menu:
- See Invoking the Search Interface for details.
- Enter a heading or other words to search
- If a term is already showing in the Terms box, delete it
- Type your search term in the Terms box
- Choose your Search Source
- Adjust the Search Options if necessary
- Click the <Search> button; or Hit <Enter>
If the search 'timesout' (404 Request aborted on timeout) then it means the source server is busy, try again.
To view a MARC record before importing it:
- Select the heading for the record you wish to view and click the <View Marc> button; or
- Double-click on the heading for the record
If you decide to import a MARC record that you have found, into RIMMF:
- Click <Import>
- View the record
- Click <Add record>
One you have imported and added the converted record to your RIMMF database, you can edit it in RIMMF, and link to and from it, as usual.